Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Two Six in Ought Seven

I had a great birthday yesterday. I know I saw a lot of you out for drinks at Pontiac -- if not, hopefully you can make a trek to Des Moines in the next 5 months or so. Thanks to those of you who made it out. If any of you have pictures, send them my way.

Mary and I caught the Cubs game, which they lost on some spotty relief pitching in the 8th. Bonds was booed mercilessly in his lone at-bat, which warmed my heart.

I head back to Iowa tomorrow. It's almost harder going back than it was to leave in the first place. It's tough to come back and get just a taste of everything I love about being in Chicago, only to be thrown back to the mercy of the campaign, knowing I likely won't be back for several months. I love what I'm doing out there and the people I work with, but it's also the hardest thing I've ever committed myself to.

I know I mentioned it last night, but know that there's an open invitation for any of you to come out to visit.

3 comments:

King Bloggy said...

The king is angry, Pip isn't blogging. BLURN! I MEAN BLOG!

Kasey said...

Well this blog looks a little dated... I mean I'm sure you're busy with the big O but I was hoping for at least some crazy post Iowa caucus hysterics. Oh well, hope all is going well with you and your bride. Keep me posted if you get a cabinet position. I've got some great ideas.

Sabai said...

can you start blogging again?